Mobile Android/iOS Developer
Codes, tests, debugs, implements, and documents programs. Analyzes, designs and writes specifications for programs. Assists support personnel in locating and resolving problems of significance with programs.
Essential Job Functions
The application involves Cloud Native Development on Pivotal Cloud Foundry Platform using Spring micro-services (Spring MVC, Spring Boot, Spring JDBC, Spring Cloud) and Web Services such as REST/SOAP/WSDL/XML/SOA. The Continuous Integration tools are Jenkins CI or similar, and GitHub are used to support effective team software development. The mobile application development includes both iOS and Android. The code base for iOS is Objective-C or Swift, iOS SDK, and developed in Xcode. The code base for Android is Java, XML, and is developed in Android Studio.
- Codes, tests, debugs, implements, and documents moderately complex programs. Creates appropriate documentation in work assignments such as program code, and technical documentation.
- Designs systems and programs to meet complex business needs. Prepares detailed specifications from which programs are developed and coded. Ensures programs meet standards and technical specifications; performs technical analysis and component delivery.
- Gathers information from existing systems, analyzes program and time requirements. Assists project manager in preparing time estimates and justification for assigned tasks.
- Designs programs for projects or enhancements to existing programs.
- Writes specifications for programs of low to moderate complexity.
- Assists support and/or project personnel in resolving moderately complex program problems. Works with client and management to resolve issues and validate programming requirements within their areas of responsibility. Provides technical advice on complex programming.
- Develops test plans to verify logic of new or modified programs.
- Conducts quality assurance activities such as peer reviews.
- Creates appropriate documentation in work assignments such as program code, and technical documentation.
- Remains abreast of industry technical trends and new development to maintain current skills and remain current with industry standards.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, mathematics, or related field preferred
- Six or more years of programming or testing experience
- Experience working with appropriate programming languages, operating systems and software
- Experience working with relational databases to facilitate programming software
- Programming skills
- Good personal computer and business solutions software skills
- Analytical and problem solving skills for design, creation and testing of programs
- Ability to work as part of team and independently
- Interpersonal skills to interact with team members
- Communication skills to work effectively with team members, support personnel, and clients
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Office environment
- Advanced knowledge of statistical programming language Python
- Extensive experience developing Tableau reports
- Clear understanding of logical and physical database design and data
- Strong database skills (MySQL, SQL Server) and ability to write, optimize and tune complex SQL scripts
- Deep understanding of statistics and algorithms
- Make recommendations regarding collection, extraction and transformation of large data sets
- Interpret data and analyze results
- Translate analytical insights into clear recommendations; identify trends and patterns to inform business decisions and product design
- Leverage Python to analyze complex data
- Design and develop customized interactive reports and dashboards in Tableau; schedule in Tableau Server
- Define and develop a data migration strategy between different products and platforms
- Develop creative ways to identify and use data that significantly impact key business metrics
- Assess the potential usefulness and validity of new data sources
- Utilize statistical approaches to build predictive models
- Mentor other team members/ analysts to grow their skills and careers
- B.S. in Computer Science, Statistics, Mathematics, or Engineering or equivalent work experience
- Must have 5+ years of experience and proven track record in solving business problems through fact-based and scientific analytics